Monday 21 January 2013

How to be a crab...


As I've mentioned before, I absolutely love fancy dress and this was one of my ideas from last year. I'm part of the University of Kent Sailing and Windsurfing Club and we had a 'Noah's Ark' themed social so, unlike everyone else who wore animal onesies, I got creative and went as a crab :)
If you want to know how to recreate this look keep reading...

You will need:

A black liquid liner/gel liner and a red lip liner. I used Bourjois Liner Clubbing in Ultra Black and Maybelline New York Colour Sensational Lip Liner in Hollywood Red.

To start, apply lip balm and do your everyday make-up.

Next, with your lip liner, line your lips and fill them in.


Draw 3 curved lines to make 'legs' on either side of your mouth as shown.

Then draw 2 little straight lines on your top lip as shown.



Then draw little crab claws onto the 2 lines you just drew.


Add two small black dots with your black eye liner onto your cupid's bow and you're finished!




Wear with a red dress, or a red outfit of your choice, and some red mittens for crab claws. I bought some cheap red mittens in h&m.
I hope I've inspired you to think outside the box for your next fancy dress outfit.
Much love, 


1 comment:

  1. Fab crab tutorial! Really want to go to a fancy dress party now :) xx

    ReplyDelete